Our Star Reptile
- Class: Reptile
- Order: Crocodilia
- Diet: meat
- Group name: Bask or a Float
- Origin: Africa (Nile Delta)
- Average life span in the wild: 70 to 100 years
- Conservation status: Least Concern
- Crocodiles don't sweat. To keep cool, they open their mouths in a process that is called "mouth gaping," which is a lot like panting.
- Crocodiles also have very keen hearing. It is so good, they can hear their babies calling from inside their egg.
- Crocodiles are very fast swimmers, which helps them catch their prey. They can swim up to 32 kph
- Crocodiles an hold their breath underwater for around one hour.
- Crocodiles sex is determined while in the egg and is determined by the ambient temperature
Page color template